I don't know how many items will be on this list.
It is in no particular order.
I reserve the right to add more items later after my brain has processed this whole experience for a little while longer.
1. It's amazingly easy to forget to brush your teeth in the village.
2. You know how when you feel like you have bugs crawling on you and then you can't NOT think about it...yeah...you DO have bugs crawling on you.
3. It gets dark quickly. Start cooking supper early (4:30 at the latest) so you don't have to cook and wash dishes in the river in the dark. If you try to wear a headlamp, humongous flying insects that you've never heard of before will be all over you.
4. Stop fighting the mud. Just stop.
5. Clean is relative. When you wash your self, your laundry, and your dishes in the same river...a stream, really...(see #4)
6. Life without refrigeration is possible. Not nice though.
7. When you finally give up on seeking comfort, you can sleep anywhere. For short, painful periods of time.
8. Fire ants do not care who you are. (See #2)
9. Women in this country are amazing!! and very strong!!
That is all. For now.